Article 1. Privacy Information
- The term “personal information” among privacy information shall mean “personal information” referred to in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, which means information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact or other description contained in such information.
- The term “history information and characteristics information” among privacy information shall refer to information other than “personal information” provided for in the preceding paragraph, and means information such as services used or products purchased in the past, a history of pages or advertisements browsed, keywords used by a user during a search, the date and time, method or environment of use, postal codes, gender, occupations, age, the IP address, cookie information or location information of a user, or the individual identification number of a terminal device.
Article 2. Method of Collecting Privacy Information
- The Company may ask personal information such as the name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number or driver’s license number of a user when the user registers. The Company also may collect the record of transactions between the user and the Company’s partners or payment information, which contains the user’s personal information, from those partners (including, but not limited to information providers, advertisement sponsors and advertisement delivery targets; hereinafter referred to as “Partner(s)”).
- The Company will collect history information and characteristics information about a user, such as services or software used or products purchased in the past, a history of pages or advertisements browsed, keywords used during searches, the date and time, method or environment of use (in cases of use through a mobile terminal device, including the communication condition and various setting information for use of the device), IP address, cookie information, location information, or the individual identification number of a terminal device, when the user uses services or browses pages provided by the Company or a Partner.
Article 3. Purposes of Collection and Use of Personal Information
The purposes of collection and use of personal information by the Company shall be as stated below.
- (1) The purpose of displaying a user’s registration information such as name, address or payment method, or information on services used or products purchased in the past and payments thereof, in order for the user to browse or correct such registration information or browse the use status
- (2) The purpose of using a user’s contact information such as name or address in cases of use of the user’s email address to give notice or response to the user, or in order to send a product to or contact the user as needed
- (3) The purpose of using a user’s information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number or the result of delivery of certified mail with return receipt, in order to verify the user’s identity
- (4) The purpose of using payment information such as the name or quantity of a product purchased or type or period of a service used by a user in the past, the number of such purchases or times of use, the charge therefor, or the user’s name, address, bank account number or credit card number, in order to demand payment from the user
- (5) The purpose of displaying a user’s information registered with the Company on the input screen or transferring such information to other services (including those provided by Partners) as instructed by the user, in order for the user to easily input data
- (6) The purpose of using information that identifies an individual such as the mode of use by, or name or address of the individual, in order to refuse the use of the Services by users who have violated the terms of the Services by delaying payment or causing any loss or damage to third parties, or who intend to use the Services for any unauthorized or unjust purpose
- (7) The purpose of using information that is necessary for the Company to provide services for users, such as details of an inquiry from a user as used to respond to the inquiry or information on demands for payment, or information on the use status of services by or contacts of users
- (8) Any purpose incidental to the purpose of use under any one of the preceding items
Article 4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Unless permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations, the Company shall not provide third parties with a user’s personal information without the prior consent of the user, except for the cases listed below.
- (1) When such provision is based on laws and regulations
- (2) When such provision is necessary to protect the life, body or property of any person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
- (3) When such provision is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound upbringing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
- (4) When the Company is required to cooperate with a national government agency or a local government or its outsourcer in performing affairs provided for in laws and regulations, and it is likely to interfere with the performance of those affairs if the consent of the user is obtained
- (5) When matters below are notified to the user or made public in advance
- The fact that the purpose of use includes the provision of such information to third parties
- Items of data provided to third parties
- Means or method of such provision to third parties
- The fact that the provision of the personal information to third parties will be suspended upon request of the user
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the cases listed below shall not fall under the provision of personal information to third parties.
- (1) When the Company outsources the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- (2) When personal information is provided in connection with succession of business due to a merger or other reasons
- (3) When the Company uses personal information jointly with specific persons, and in addition to that fact, the following information is notified to users in advance or put in a condition readily accessible for users: the items of personal information jointly used, the scope of persons using such information jointly with the Company, the purpose of use of such information by the persons using it, and the name of the person responsible for the management of such personal information
Article 5. Disclosure of Personal Information
- When a user requests that the Company disclose the user’s personal information, the Company shall disclose such information to the user without delay. However, if disclosure falls under one of the cases listed below, the Company may not disclose such information, in whole or in part, and the Company shall, when deciding that it will not disclose the information, notify the user of that fact without delay. The Company will ask for a fee of 1,000 yen per disclosure of personal information.
- (1) When such disclosure is likely to cause damage to the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the user or a third party
- (2) When such disclosure is likely to significantly interfere with the proper conduct of business by the Company
- (3) When such disclosure otherwise violates laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall not disclose information other than personal information, such as history information and characteristics information, in principle.
Article 6. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If a user’s personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the user may demand that the Company correct or delete such personal information, through procedures stipulated by the Company.
- If the Company determines that it is necessary to meet such demand from a user under the preceding paragraph, then the Company shall correct or delete such personal information without delay and notify the user thereof.
Article 7. Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
If the Company receives a request from a user for suspension of use or erasure (hereinafter referred to as “Suspension of Use, etc.”) of the user’s personal information on the grounds that such information is handled beyond the purpose of use or acquired by unfair means, the Company shall conduct a necessary investigation without delay and based on the result of the investigation, effect Suspension of Use, etc. of the personal information and notify the user of that fact. However, if large costs are to be incurred for Suspension of Use, etc. of the personal information or it is otherwise difficult to effect Suspension of Use, etc., and alternative measures that are necessary for the protection of the user’s rights and interests may be taken, the Company shall take such alternative measures.
- The Company shall be allowed to amend this Policy without notice to users.
Article 9. Contact for Inquiries
For inquiries about this Policy, please contact the following:
1-7 Aza-Nakamaru, Yamadaoka, Naraha-machi, Futaba-gun, Fukushima 979-0513
Fukushima SiC Applied Engineering Inc.